Friday, September 4, 2009

Introduction

I've decided that it is time.

For a couple of years, now, I have been participating in the Yahoo Answers forum. My intention has always been to help by sharing what I know about the graphic design industry. I think my efforts have met a measure of success.

But, holy cow, it's a heluva lotta work! And it's especially frustrating to see the same kinds of questions pop up every day and often several times a day. I've given up trying to answer entire categories of questions, not because these people don't need or deserve help, but, because I feel that if these folks won't take the time and effort to look up answers that are easily available in the Yahoo Answers archives, (which pop up even as they type up the question) then I won't alway take the time to answer that question. (AGAIN!) Those are my sentiments and admit to some of the same feelings that other express in various rude and crude comments in lieu of actually responding to the query.

So, here, I intend to post a kind of "Visual Arts FAQ." Perhaps I can make better use of my efforts by directing queries to this post where I will have tried to answer some of the most common questions that I see on Yahoo Answers. I will not claim any knowlege I don't have. I entend only to share my education, experience and expertise.

So, besides the occasional ramblings that reflect what my mind tends to do anyway, I hope to cover subects like these and other related issues:

  • Graphic Design
  • Digital Graphic Design
  • Traditional Art Media
  • Drawing & Painting
  • Cartooning
  • Fantasy Art
  • Print Industry
  • Art Education
  • Photography (as it relates more to talented amateurs rather than full time pros)
  • How I hate Thomas Kinkaide's artwork while I admire his Marketing success
  • And why I distinguish between genuine typographical errors, and the sad st8 uv txtng styles used 2day.

That's enough for now. Mustn't tire onself out on the first day.

luv,

vince

No comments:

Post a Comment